The fall-winter series of this program takes place at the Penn Yan Public Library, 214 Main St. on Mondays, 11 a.m. to 12 Noon
Informal discussions explore a tapestry of diverse topics with deeply spiritual threads. Everyone is invited to attend one or many sessions; registration is not required. Freewill offering benefits sponsor, Cobblestone Springs. Watch your email or local paper for specific program offerings.
This series begins in September 2018 and will continue through summer 2019. Many thanks to Mary Beth Gamba for again organizing presenters and discussion leaders for this series.
Upcoming Topics, schedule as planned:
- May 6, 13, 20: Exploring Joy and Spirit in Atheism: Bob McDonough will lead discussion on three books in the May sessions
- The group agreed to continue through the summer, so we will update you with future programs as soon as they are arranged.
Please Note: Schedule is subject to change; updates will be posted here as they are available.
For though my faith is not yours and your faith is not mine, if we each are free to light our own flame, together we can banish some of the darkness of the world.
— Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks
Recent Past topics include:
- Ethics and Values in Western Thought; with Bob Darling
- Proof of Heaven [book], by Eben Alexander; with Christopher Wright
- The Spirituality of Relationship: Sr Joan Chittister (film and discussion).
- Yoga: A Guide to the Teachings and Practices [book], by David Frawley; with Peter Gamba
- Exploring Earth-based Spirituality, with Sally White
- At Home in the World: Thich Nhat Hahn, by Deb Koop
- Dark Green Religion, with Marty Dodge
- Spirituality in Poetry, with Joel Lesser
- Knocking on Heaven’s Door, by Mary Beth Gamba
- Nature as a Spiritual Path, by Deb Denome
- Mormon Missions: What and Why?, presented by Sisters O’Dell and Robinson
- Peace Pilgrim: The Way of Peace, presented by Mary Beth Gamba
- Mary Magdalene in the Literature of Early Christianity, presented by Christopher Wright
- More previous topics listed here