The 2019-2020 series of this program takes place at the Penn Yan Public Library, 214 Main St. on Mondays, 11 a.m. to Noon.
Informal discussions explore a tapestry of diverse topics with deeply spiritual threads. Everyone is invited to attend one or many sessions; registration is not required. Free-will offering benefits sponsor, Cobblestone Springs. Watch your email or local paper for specific program offerings.
This series begins in September 2019 and will continue through spring 2020. Many thanks to Mary Beth Gamba for again organizing presenters and discussion leaders for this series.
Upcoming Topics, schedule as planned:
- Oct 28: Black Liberation Theology, with Henry Thomas, part 2
- Nov 4: currently vacant
- Nov 11: Veterans Day, library closed
- Nov 18, 25, Dec 9: Foothills Art Guild, details will follow
Please Note: Schedule is subject to change; updates will be posted here as they are available.
For though my faith is not yours and your faith is not mine, if we each are free to light our own flame, together we can banish some of the darkness of the world.
— Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks
Recent Past topics include:
- How to Meditate Using Chakras, Mantras, and Breath, Book discussion, with Peter Gamba
- The Importance of Speech in the Jewish Tradition, with Leslie Schwartz
- “Nowhere to Go; Nothing to Do”, a Buddhist teaching, with Lynne Westmoreland
- Exploring Joy and Spirit in Atheism; with Bob McDonough
- Ethics and Values in Western Thought; with Bob Darling
- Proof of Heaven [book], by Eben Alexander; with Christopher Wright
- The Spirituality of Relationship: Sr Joan Chittister (film and discussion).
- Yoga: A Guide to the Teachings and Practices [book], by David Frawley; with Peter Gamba
- Exploring Earth-based Spirituality, with Sally White
- At Home in the World: Thich Nhat Hahn, by Deb Koop
- Dark Green Religion, with Marty Dodge
- Spirituality in Poetry, with Joel Lesser
- More previous topics listed here