This is a continuing program patterned on our popular Classics in Religion programs begun in 2014. Informal discussions explore a tapestry of diverse topics with deeply spiritual threads.
Everyone is invited to attend one or many sessions; registration is not required. Free-will offering benefits sponsor, Cobblestone Springs Retreat Center. One-hour presentations and discussions cover a variety of topics, in partnership with the Penn Yan Public Library. Currently being presented via Zoom.
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive the Zoom links. If sessions were recorded, videos are available here.
Note: now meeting the first two Mondays of each month (shifted for holidays). Meets Monday mornings, 11:00 a.m. to Noon via Zoom. Classics scheduling ends in June and resumes in September.
- June 6: Reconciliation through Catholic Teachings, with Father Leo Reinhardt
- June 13: Respecting Gender Diversity, with Alex Andrasik
Past Topics this season:
- May 9: Teachings from Ganondagan Seneca Art & Culture Center (video)
- May 2: Praying the Psalms, with Rev. Lori Nickoloff
- April 11: Gifts of the Land, with Dr. Robin Wall Kimmerer (video)
- April 4: Born on the Water, with Sarah Crevelling
- March 14: Remembering Thich Nhat Hanh (1926-2022
- March 7: Seeing Spirituality within a Jail Setting, with Sr Judy Greene
- February 14: Sustainable Food Systems, video and discussion