This is a continuing program patterned on our popular Classics in Religion programs begun in 2014. Informal discussions explore a tapestry of diverse topics with deeply spiritual threads.
Everyone is invited to attend one or many sessions. Free-will offering benefits sponsor, Cobblestone Springs Retreat Center. One-hour presentations and discussions cover a variety of topics, in partnership with the Penn Yan Public Library. Currently being presented monthly via Zoom.
Registration is not required, but please contact us (email@example.com) to receive the Zoom links. If sessions were recorded, 2020-21 videos are available here; for 2022 see below.
Note: now meeting the first Monday of each month (shifted for holidays). Meets Monday mornings, 11:00 a.m. to Noon via Zoom. Classics scheduling ends in June and resumes in September.
Upcoming Topics, Spring 2023:
- February 6, 2023: The Sacred in Nature, with Dr. Christopher Wright
- March 6, 2023: Rites of Spring, with Karen Marsh
Recent Past Topics:
Most topics are recorded; find videos for 2022 here.
- December 12: Tower Time: Perspective on Challenging Times, with Alex Andrasik
- December 5: Susanna, with Rev. Columba Salamony
- November 14: Syncretic Liberation Theology in the Americas, with Dr. Henry Thomas
- November 7: Cemetery Reflections, with Jane Hopkins
- September 19: Overview of the 1619 Project, with Peter Gamba
- September 12: The Path of Love and Selfless Service, with Paul W. Jacob (video)
- May 9: Teachings from Ganondagan Seneca Art & Culture Center (video)
- May 2: Praying the Psalms, with Rev. Lori Nickoloff
- April 11: Gifts of the Land, with Dr. Robin Wall Kimmerer (video)
- April 4: Born on the Water, with Sarah Crevelling
- March 14: Remembering Thich Nhat Hanh (1926-2022)
- March 7: Seeing Spirituality within a Jail Setting, with Sr Judy Greene
- February 14: Sustainable Food Systems, video and discussion