This is a continuing program patterned on our popular Classics in Religion programs of the last six years. Informal discussions explore a tapestry of diverse topics with deeply spiritual threads.
Everyone is invited to attend one or many sessions; registration is not required. Free-will offering benefits sponsor, Cobblestone Springs Retreat Center. One-hour presentations and discussions on a variety of topics, in partnership with the Penn Yan Public Library. Currently being presented via Zoom.
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive the Zoom links. If sessions were recorded, videos can be accessed at the original posts linked below.
Note change from weekly meetings to the first two Mondays of each month (shifted for holidays). Meets Monday mornings, 11:00 a.m. to Noon
Upcoming Topics: Fall 2021
- September 13: Sandra Steigerwald, Introduction to Singing Bowl Sound Bathing
- September 20: Rev. Lori Nickoloff, Praying the Psalms
- October 4, 11: Dr. Leslie Schwartz, Forgivenss and Redemption in Judaism
- November 1: Rev. Douglas Taylor, Building Your Own Theology, Revised
- November 8: Karen Marsh, Samhain: A Time of Reflection
Past Topics: Fall 2020 to Spring 2021
- Dr. Christopher Wright, Seeking the Numinous Through Photography
- Rev. Douglas Taylor, An Introduction to Unitarian Universalism
- Dr. Henry Thomas, Africa and the Early Church
- Jan Carr, The Teachings of Black Elk
- Alex Andrasik, A Brief Introduction to Druidry
- Dr. William G. Christ, Introduction to the Science of the Soul
- Laurie Gifford Adams, Finding the Story in Yourself
- Sandi Perl, Saying Yes More than No to God’s People
- Dr. Christopher Wright, C.S. Lewis’s The Problem of Pain
- Anne Meyer-Wilber, Death: Fear or Adventure
- The Very Rev. Dan Burner, Scripture Through the Lens of Culture and History Video of presentation
- Anne Meyer-Wilber, Discussion of the New Year, Pandemic-Style
- Giovina Caroscio; Seeking Light in Darker Times
- Dr. Christopher Wright; The Popol Vuh: Creation Myths of the Ancient Maya
- Eric Detar, Keuka College Historical Examples of Interfaith Cooperation
- Jorgen and Lynn Overgaard, Denmark’s Faith and Culture
- Dr. Robin Wright, Deconstructing Columbus Day
- Dr. Leslie Schwartz, Stories of Life and Death from the Talmud
For additional past topics, visit this page.